Based on the technical comparison, the Razor MX125 is the better option for younger riders due to its lower top speed and lighter weight, while the Razor SX350 offers similar performance but is more suitable for slightly older kids. Here’s a technical comparison chart between Razor MX125 and Razor SX350:
|Specification||Razor MX125||Razor SX350|
|Top Speed||8 mph||14 mph|
|Weight Limit||110 lbs||140 lbs|
|Estimated Age Range||4-8||5-10|
|Battery||12V||24V (2 x 12V)|
|Ride Time per Full Charge||40 minutes||30 minutes|
|Battery Charge Time||6 hours||12 hours|
|Throttle||Single speed||Single speed|
|Brakes||Rear drum||Rear drum|
|Hand Grips||Foam||Soft rubber|
|Tires (pneumatic knobby)||12″||12″|
|Assembly Time||15 minutes||15 minutes|
|Dimensions L x W x H (Inches)||36.4 x 21.4 x 25.1||44 x 24.5 x 31|
|Bike Weight||30 lbs||62 lbs|
Now, let’s discuss each spec one by one:
- Top Speed: Razor SX350 has a higher top speed of 14 mph compared to Razor MX125’s 8 mph, making it faster and more suitable for older kids.
- Weight Limit: Razor SX350 has a higher weight limit of 140 lbs, allowing it to accommodate a wider range of riders compared to Razor MX125’s 110 lbs limit.
- Estimated Age Range: Razor MX125 is designed for kids aged 4-8, while Razor SX350 is for kids aged 5-10. The SX350 caters to a slightly older age group.
- Battery: Razor SX350 has a 24V battery system (2 x 12V), which is more powerful than the 12V battery in the Razor MX125.
- Ride Time per Full Charge: Razor MX125 has a longer ride time of 40 minutes, while Razor SX350 has a ride time of 30 minutes. However, this advantage is offset by the SX350’s higher top speed and motor power.
- Battery Charge Time: Razor MX125 has a shorter charge time of 6 hours compared to Razor SX350’s 12 hours.
- Motor: Razor SX350 has a more powerful 350W motor, providing better performance than the 100W motor in the Razor MX125.
- Throttle: Both models have a single-speed throttle.
- Brakes: Both models have rear drum brakes.
- Suspension: Neither model has suspension.
- Seat Height: Razor SX350 has a higher seat height of 20″, providing more comfort for older kids compared to Razor MX125’s 17″ seat height.
- Hand Grips: Razor SX350 has soft rubber hand grips, which are more comfortable than the foam hand grips on the Razor MX125.
- Tires: Both models have 12″ pneumatic knobby tires, suitable for off-road riding.
- Assembly Time: Both models have a 15-minute assembly time.
- Dimensions: Razor SX350 is larger, measuring 44 x 24.5 x 31 inches, compared to Razor MX125’s 36.4 x 21.4 x 25.1 inches.
- Bike Weight: Razor SX350 is heavier at 62 lbs, while Razor MX125 weighs 30 lbs. The increased weight of the SX350 is due to its more powerful motor and battery system.
In conclusion, the Razor MX125 is the better option for younger riders due to its lower top speed and lighter weight, while the Razor SX350 offers similar performance but is more suitable for slightly older kids.