Fat biking is all about taking on harsher terrains and riding over every obstacle on your path. One bike that can do all that is the Northrock Xc00 Fat Tire Bike.
This medium-size entry-level fat bike by Northrock can take on everything you throw at it. So whether it is dirt trails, mud roads, or loose sand, you can boss your way through.
Like most fat bikes, Northrock Xc00 is an all-weather two-wheel. In addition, the fat bike demonstrates grit and natural toughness, things you expect from an entry-level fat bike.
But what are the things that make this fat bike a worthy investment? What are its strengths and weaknesses, and will it fit you?
Those are some of the questions that I’ll answer in this Northrock xc00 fat tire bike review.
My goal is to help you understand Northrock XC00 (View on Amazon) much better for you to decide if it’s worth getting.
So, I will overview the fat bike, break down its best features, and highlight its pros and cons.
Northrock Xc00 Fat Tire Bike Overview
|Bike Type||Mountain fat bike|
|Frame Size||18-inch (medium)|
|Wheel size||26 inch|
|Brakes||Tektro disc brakes|
Who is Northrock Xc00 Fat Bike For?
Northrock Xc00 is generally a men’s entry-level fat mountain bike that can take on loose sand, gravel, paved surfaces, rocks, and mountains.
It can also take on the snow, though it’s not the best for heavy snow.
This fat bike suits beginners who don’t have a lot of experience riding off-road in harsh conditions. Not only is it great for off-road adventures but also commuting and running errands.
This bike, sadly, doesn’t suit pro riders as most of its components aren’t high-end.
Overall, the fat bike is a budget choice for entry-level cyclists who are 5’7″-6’2″ tall and weighing less than 300 pounds.
Best Features of Northrock Xc00 Fat Bike
While the Northrock Xc00 Fat Tire Men’s Mountain Bike has many unique features, here are the ones that stand out:
1. Hand-built All-Aluminum Frame
Northrock employs a 6061 high-grade aluminum frame that’s hand-built to give the fat bike a solid and rugged appeal. So, you can count on its frame to withstand the unpredictable off-road.
What’s even more interesting is the fact that the aluminum frame is lightweight and rust-protected. So, not only does the bike feels light, but it also resists rust damage.
2. 4-Inch All Terrain Kenda Tires
Generally, two aspects of the bike’s Kenda tires make them a marvel outdoors. The first one is their fast-rolling property.
The tires roll over obstacles much faster than most, making the bike a perfect off-road commuter bike.
The second aspect is their wide profile and extra grip. These tires have exceptional off-road traction to allow you to safely brake and control the bike on loose sand, snow, and other challenging surfaces.
3. Alloy Rims with Stainless Steel Spokes
It’s not just the frame that’s solid and pretty lightweight but the alloy rims too.
The double-wall rims feature alloy material to save you from worrying about heavier wheels.
Northrock also includes stainless steel spokes to enhance the wheel strength to overcome the outdoor ruggedness.
4. 7-Speed Shimano Altus Drivetrain
You want a fat bike that you can ride uphill and one that allows you to shift precisely and efficiently. The Northrock Xc00 Fat Tire Bicycle delivers on that.
The fat bike’s Shimano Altus 7-speed drivetrain offers you the necessary climbing power on a mountainous path.
What’s more, it offers you a more responsive ride when going through gravel, light snow, rocks, and other challenging surfaces.
5. Excellent Tektro Disc Brakes
Good brakes are everything when taking on dirt trails, light snow, mud paths, and other slippery surfaces. Northrock Xc00 luckily, doesn’t disappoint here.
Thanks to its Tektro disc brakes, you can easily control the bike on slippery terrain and get to relish its unparalleled stopping power.
Although Tektro disc brakes are not high-end, they are highly responsive on loose gravel, light snow, and other surfaces that most brakes fail.
6. Dual Suspension
While most traditional fat bike comes with rigid suspension, Northrock Xc00 offers you a dual suspension.
So, you not only have to rely on the bike’s fat tires to absorb bumps but also the built-in front and rear suspensions.
As a result, this fat bike is more comfortable on rugged terrains than most and allows you to go off-jumps and ride downhill more confidently.
7. Contoured MTB Velo Saddle with Adjustable Seat Post
This MTB comes with a Velo saddle that’s well-contoured to offer you excellent grip and comfort. Overall, the saddle enhances your power output, making it easier for you to pedal and take on rugged terrains.
The other aspect of the saddle that you’ll like is the adjustable seat post. It lets you find your ideal seat height.
Other Amazing Features Of The Northrock Xc00 Fat Tire Mountain Bike
In addition to the above highlights, here are other worthy mentions:
- Velo grip – Velo grips improve the handlebar comfort and grasp, making the steering much comfortable.
- Universal mounts – This fat bike allows you to mount the rear rack, fenders, water bottle cage, child seat, and other accessories.
- Low-rise MTB handlebar – The handlebar has a 31.8mm rise that allows you to push and balance your weight above the front wheel. That offers you more leverage when negotiating hills.
- Removable kickstand – Parking this fat bike is seamless, thanks to its kickstand. But since it’s removable, you don’t have to keep it if you don’t want to.
- Assembly tools and user manual – Though the bike doesn’t come 100% assembled, it comes with everything you need to put it together. Plus, there’s an accompanying user manual to help you understand the fat bike’s specs better.
- Chainguard – The chainguard protects you from getting caught by the chain.
What I Like and Don’t Like About the Northrock Xc00 Fat Bike
- Affordable (budget-friendly Northrock xc00 fat tire bike price)
- Lightweight, strong, and rust-protected aluminum frame
- Excellent Tektro disc brakes
- Comfortable saddle and hand grips
- Adjustable seat post
- Excellent multi-speed drivetrain
- Fast-rolling, high-traction Kenda tires
- Powerful suspension system
- Chainguard that protects you from getting caught by the chain
- It takes on a wide range of terrains
- Easy steering and control
- The Northrock Xc00 Fat Tire Bike assembly is straightforward
- While the bike has decent components, they are not high-end. So, you may need to update some of them
- The bike only suit riders who are at least 5’7″ tall
- Though the tires can take on the snow, they are not the best choice for the terrain
Northrock Xc00 FAQs
1. What is Northrock Xc00 Fat Tire Bike Size?
Northrock Xc00 comes in a medium (18-inch) frame to suit riders who are 5’7″-6’2″ tall.
2. Can You Ride Northrock Xc00 On Sand?
Thanks to their 4-inch wide Kenda tires, you can comfortably ride Northrock Xc00 on the sand.
3. Are Its Tires Tubeless-Ready?
Sadly, Xc00’s tires aren’t tubeless-ready. So if you want tubeless-ready tires, you’ll have to get them.
4. What Is Northrock Xc00 Fat Tire Bike Weight?
The fat bike’s approximate weight is 35 pounds.
5. Will This Bike Fit A 5 Feet Tall Person?
The recommended rider’s height is 5’7″-6’2″. So, provided you are not shorter than 5’7″, the fat bike can fit you.
6. What Is Northrock Xc00 Weight Limit?
Northrock Xc00 is one of the most robust entry-level fat tire mountain bikes. It can hold up to 300 pounds.
Northrock Xc00 Best Alternative – Northrock Xc27
The Northrock Xc27 is not a fat tire bike like Northrock Xc00. However, it has a few features worth considering.
Like its counterpart, Northrock Xc27 comes in a rust-protected all-aluminum frame to guarantee a durable and lightweight bike.
It also features powerful Tektro disc brakes that have impressive stopping power and allows safe braking.
Other resemblances with the Northrock Xc00 include:
- A contoured MTB Velo saddle
- Double-wall alloy rims
- Stainless steel spokes
- Universal mount
The difference is that Northrock Xc27 tires are not fat tires, which means you cannot ride on snow, loose sand, or mud.
You can, however, take on gravel, cycling trails, and mountains. Besides, you get 21-speed on Northrock Xc27, which is more than what you get on Northrock Xc00 (7-speed).
Should You Get Northrock Xc00? My Verdict
Overall, nothing brings the world of a fat bike and a mountain bike together better than the Northrock Xc00 Fat Tire Bike.
However, don’t expect this fat bike to possess the features of a killer high-end fat bike. Instead, it offers you an entry-level inexpensive fat bicycle that you can ride casually on any terrain and in any weather.
Its frame promise durability, rust protection, and a lighter bike. Its suspension, Velo saddle, Tektro disc brakes, 7-speed drivetrain, and 4-inch Kenda tires don’t disappoint either.
So, get the Northrock Xc00 if you are 5’7″-6’2″ tall and are looking for a budget entry-level fat bicycle.